Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Miss Chong's thoughts of the day

Something quoted off a book i've been reading (at least during the holidays)

Joey is the mouth. There's one in every class along with the complainer,
the clown, the goody-goody, the beauty queen, the volunteer for everything, the jock, the intellectual, the momma's boy, the mystic, the sissy, the lover, the critic, the jerk, the religious fanatic who sees in everywhere, the brooding one who sits in the back staring at the desk, the happy one, the saint who finds good in all creatures.

Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
It's my favourite book currently since it reminds me of the realities in the classroom.
I'm going to be real busy marking your tests as well as those of my other classes.
Forgive me if i have no time for you. Yet, you know i'm always available should you ever need me.

Today, i was terribly disappointed by those complaints about you. However, i am never giving up on you, because in each of you, i see a star. You brighten up my day in school and i hope should all other classes fail me, you will always be my source of strength to carry on in school.

I pray that each of you will find a place and a purpose in this school, in this class. Let's work hard together E14.

No comments: